A Friend of mine has faced the situation of formatting a wrong drive which contained many important data. After some search, here is a nice tool to solve the situation. The article, and images are taken from the website:
How to recover files after quick format?
Need to recover lost files after quick format? Now, don’t worry! This article will tell you an easy and safe way to recover your files after quick format. EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard provides a best solution for quick format recovery.
What is quick format?
When you are ready to format your partitions, you have two methods to format a partition; you can work with default formatting and other format methods. The difference between the regular format and the quick format is whether the volume will scan the bad sectors by using thechkdsk command or not. The latter will not scan the disk for bad sectors. It is used when your hard disk has been previously formatted and your hard disk is not damaged. All the data will be removed from the volume if you perform quick format.
If you accidentally perform quick format on your hard drive and lose all important files, there are still chances to recover files after quick format. If you need to perform quick format recovery, a professional data recovery software will help you to recover your lost files after quick format.
If you Google "recover files from quick formatted disk" for some data recovery software to recover files after quick format, you will find EASEUSData Recovery Wizard on the top.
EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard is a professional data recovery software to recover lost files after quick format, software crash, and other unknown reasons.
How to do quick format recovery?
"Complete Recovery" module built-in Data Recovery Wizard is designed for quick and full format recovery if you want to recover files after quick or full format. If you want to perform quick format recovery to recover files from formatted disk, please follow these steps after running Data Recovery Wizard.
1. Click the "Complete Recovery" button on the main window of Data Recovery Wizard:
2. It will display a list of volumes found on the drives in your system. You should choose the volume that was formatted and click "NEXT" to start searching on this volume.
3. After the scanning is finished, Data Recovery Wizard will permit you choosing 6 volumes at best to recover the data. And then, press "NEXT" button. The Data Recovery Wizard will launch the "Building directory" procedure to searching the files. You will see file/folder tree very soon.
4. Select the file or directory that you want to recover and press the "Next" button.
5. Select a directory and press the "NEXT" button to save the data.
After the five steps, quick format recovery is finished and you will recover the lost files after quick format.
NOTE: Actually, you can free download the demo version to see if your can recover files after quick format or not. Just perform quick format recovery to recover your important files now.